Monday, February 28, 2011

The Story of the Bird

On our front porch we have a light, and there is a bird that likes to live there sometimes. When you open the front door, it freaks the bird out and it starts to fly like around the porch. Well tonight I was taking a stinky diaper out to the trash and forgot about the bird. I opened the door, the bird started flying like crazy, and then flew in the door before it closed. I yelled "crap" which made Jarom and paisley run to the front door and ask "what happened?" Then they followed me into the kitchen to wash my hands. The sparrow at this point was flying like crazy in the dining room which caught the attention of jarom and paisley and he start screaming.
I got the kids into Jarom's room and closed the door. Then the bird and I tangoed around a bit. He perched himself on a curtain rod in the living room. I turned off all the lights, opened the front door, and turned on the porch light. After throwing some pens at him to try and get him to start flying again and hoping he would pick the door, the pens didn't work. So I had to grab a towel and started flailing at it. He did start to fly but not toward the door. He eventually sat down in the hall right by the door but wouldn't go out. I called paisley to come help me. She didn't want to because she was scared, but I told her I really needed to her to be brave right now and help me. She was very brave and did come out to help. I thought that if she would walk down the hall the bird could fly right out the door because it was so close, but it didn't even move. So I sent paisley back to her room to be with Jarom. I then decided to open the back door and turn on the porch light so that it would have two ways to escape.
The bird still didn't figure it out on his own so I got my trusty towel and started swinging it at it. It started going crazy again and flew into the kitchen. It kept flying into the ceiling, but I kept swatting and eventually the dumb thing flew out through the back door. Unfortunately, the kids are scarred! I have gotten paisley reassured the the bird is gone but Jarom didn't want to come out of his room. When I finally carried him out of his room he started hyperventilating and whining. I told him several times the bird was gone and we said bye bye out the front door, but he is still very worried. Hopefully when he wakes up he won't remember the bird and he will happily come out of his room tomorrow. Always an adventure...

1 comment:

  1. You become stronger each week as you accomplish all these new challenges! I'm so glad you guys survived the bird! You're rockin' it stef!

    ReplyDelete