Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Three Years Ago

Three years ago today we drove through tornado obliterated Greensburg on our way to our new town to call home and I asked Jason "What are we doing here?" The answer I already knew. He had been laid off from his job in California and this is where the new job had landed us... Kansas! We were so grateful that Heavenly Father had his hand in that transition. Jason was laid off on a Thursday and we got this job in Kansas the next Wednesday (we had been looking for a new job for 6 months at that point). His previous employer also gave him a very generous severence package that made it through to our first paycheck here. He only really was qualified to get 1 week of severance instead of the two months they gave us! Another HUGE blessing. Once we got here we lived in a hotel for three weeks! At first fun, but it got old fast. We were blessed again by having our house get through escrow and close in a record three weeks!! I know that we are very blessed, that whole process was one miracle after another and we do continue to be blessed. We are so grateful. A couple weeks ago we had a Sunday school lesson about gratitude. What I took away from that is that you can have gratitude, but it doesn't necessarily make your situation easy, and you can feel grateful but it doesn't mean you like what is going on. I am so grateful Jason has a job, that we live in a comfortable home and have some great friends. BUT let me tell you, time has NOT flown by. I have felt EVERYDAY of these past three years and in some regards it seems we have been going half time and its really been six years! For now I am grateful and try daily to recognize all the blessing we have, but I also have hope. Hope that we will eventually get to leave this place, hope that it will sooner rather than later. Hope that change is on the horizon...

1 comment:

  1. True, it's not always easy. Did the storm today help with that today? I'm glad you guys are here and I have hope for you too!

    ReplyDelete