Thursday, March 12, 2009

Death by Potty Training

Oh the potty... what more need I say? We have been half heartedly trying to potty train Paisley for months. Outside influences kept telling me that it would click naturally with her eventually so don't pressure her too much. I thought by now it would have definitely clicked, but with no such luck. She is pretty willing to pee in the toilet but when it comes to number two we are having difficulties. So last week when we ran out of diapers I was fed up and joked that we weren't buying any more diapers. Then at our weekly trip to Walmart they also were out of the diapers we needed so that sealed our fate. Jason and I both had to jump on board pretty quick and get serious about potty training. We have been doing this for about 3 days now. Paisley is good at holding number two, especially now that she is wearing pull ups. I have told her time and time again that pull ups can't handle poop so don't even think about pooping in them. She is being stubborn. We have made a sticker chart so she gets a sticker with each pee and with each poop. When she fills up a row of stickers on the pee chart she gets a treat. For now with poop every time she poops she'll get a prize and we will gradually diminish that. This weekend when jason is home as backup we will put on panties and attempt to make that transition. I need jason as the calming influence when she inevitably pees on my white carpet. We will have lots of towels down, but whenever we have tried this in the past she has been spot on missing the towels.

I am happily taking suggestions, advice and helps. Please help this trial pass from us with as little nastiness as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Ick, we're pretty much in the same boat with Kayson, so not fun. I wish I had some fool proof tips to share, but no such luck. If you come up with anything that works, let me know, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete