Saturday, March 28, 2009

We are LITERALLY Snowed in!





The worst part is we don't have milk!!! Now if worse comes to worse we have some powdered milk, but I think there are a couple members of this family that will trek on foot to the nearest gas station hoping they have milk before we go there. It has now snowed for many, many hours. The snow itself is only about a foot to a foot and a half deep. It's the drifts that have us stuck at home. The drifts around our house are at least 4 feet high. That would be some seriously digging if we wanted to get out of here. Most of the streets in our neighborhood are not driveable either. I assume our car wouldn't make it to a main road that has hopefully been plowed. It is supposed to keep snowing until this afternoon. I'm very glad I wasn't a pioneer. I'm very happy to be snug and warm in my house with my heater running. I have a great supply of cocoa, and we have power, so woohoo! I also have enough supplies to make chocolate suckers for 60 people (which I was going to take to all the primary children tomorrow... I think there won't be church though) So we can definitely have fun making some for ourselves!
Being snowed in shouldn't be too bad at all. If you ever wanted to call us, today would be the day that you know you wouldn't miss us... we'll be here... all day it looks like. Probably tomorrow also! :)

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! I can't believe all that snow! Someone needs to clue mother nature in to the fact that it is now Spring! Sheesh. Too bad I wasn't home today or I would have called you, but we were at Kelli's all day for her little boy's baptism. Have fun with your snow day tomorrow if you get one!

    ReplyDelete