Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Taking a Break

I have been diligently working on a cross stitch quilt for the baby. My mom always makes quilts for her grandchildren and the fabric she picked out was a Noah's Ark fabric. I have been wanting a project of my own, but I don't know how to do too many things. I don't know how to sew, or knit or anything of those types of things. I did however find a pre-quilted blanket with a stamped cross stitch pattern on it. I was able to find a Noah's Ark one and so I bought it. I have been working on it for about a week now. It is coming along slowly but surely. I am taking a break from it right now because I realized that I messed up on the roof of the ark and that frustrated me, so it's time to walk away. I usually work on it during Paisley's quiet time or at night when Jason and I are downstairs watching TV or something after Paisley is in bed. The TV is probably why I messed up on the roof. I haven't done too many cross stitches in my day so I'm not sure if I should try to cut the messed up part out and start the whole roof over or if I have the skills to try and make it work. We'll see but I'm pretty annoyed with myself at the moment.

Anyway, yesterday I have another doctor appointment. I was really looking forward to it because I got to have another ultrasound. When I went to the hospital to have the majoy ultrasound where they look at everything they couldn't find the baby's kidneys. They weren't worried about it because there is plenty of fluid in there, but they still needed a picture. My doctor has an ultrasound machine in her office and so when she uses it she doesn't charge me! (Thank heaven! It's expensive!) So she checked everything out again and was able to find his kidneys. I had to check to make sure it is really a boy and it is! That's good. He is measuring right on and the computer said my due date is June 25, which we've known all along. I'm glad that he is average. For now him being in my womb, average is good, because above average would mean a giant baby, which I don't want to birth. He was so cute yesterday, moving all around. I love to see him. I wish I had another reason to get another ultrasound. Maybe something will come up. (Nothing bad though)

Life hasn't been very interested, hence the lack of posting. I do have a cute picture of Paisley I need to post when I feel like tracking down the camera. Plus everyone else seems to be able to put their ultrasound pictures on their blog, so I'm gonna have to figure that out. Until then.... bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Stef, I forgot that you had a blog, I will add you very shortly, actually I'll ask Levi to add you because me and the blog don't get along other than to post. Good to know everything is going okay with the pregnancy.-Torrie

    ReplyDelete