Thursday, February 5, 2009

Half way done, half to go

Today I'm 20 weeks along! Hooray! Pregnancy isn't the most pleasurable time for me. With Paisley I had morning sickness until I was 6 months along. This time I still have to take a time out on my bed every once in a while but I haven't thrown up in a week and a half. I still have a love/hate relationship with food and that is annoying. Food is what keeps me from being sick, yet I can't stand the thought of putting it in my mouth. Hopefully all this will pass soon.

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and things are good. We had a sonogram last week that told us the baby is a boy and things are good but they couldn't get a good shot of his kidneys. This means at my next appointment I will have another sonogram so the doctor can try and find his kidneys. She said she is sure everything is fine and I shouldn't worry. The good thing about having a sonogram in her office instead of at the hospital is that my doctor is really nice and doesn't charge me for it. I'm excited to see the baby again and to double check that it's a boy.

I also now have to go to physical therapy. My sciatic nerve is acting up and she says that since it is so early in my pregnancy she fears that I may have permanent problems if we don't do something about it. I've never been medically high maintenance before and I'm not enjoying that I am becoming that way. I guess that's what happens as we age.

No comments:

Post a Comment