Friday, February 20, 2009

Taxes

I usually love doing taxes. I think it is so fun to get all your financial papers in order and get down to work. In our home we use TurboTax which is an excellent way for the do-it-yourselfer to get your taxes done right. I've never considered doing taxes to be hard (mostly because we don't make enough or own enough for it to be hard). This year however we threw one extra monkey wrench into the system and it became a nightmare!! Man, all that changed was the aquisition of a health savings account and BAM-O! Stress, headaches, and weeping galore (OK I didn't really cry). After numerous phone calls to me Dad over different questions I think I got it figured out. Tomorrow I'll go through the taxes one last time with Jason just to double check (although TurboTax did say my error check passed without errors) and then I'll get the guts to click eFile!! I will then be 8-10 days away from the biggest refund we've ever gotten and my savings account can jump for joy! Ya gotta love tax time!

No comments:

Post a Comment