Thursday, February 19, 2009

I NEED a Project

I have been trying to think of a project I could work on. Cleaning the house isn't exactly what I had in mind even though that always needs to be done. I love to paint canvas to hang in my rooms so I feel like I am adding to the rooms I decorate instead of having everything come from the store. I do have a 3 piece canvas project I do need to get started on, but not while I'm alone with Paisley because she will want to paint and I don't want to deal with that mess while I'm trying to be creative.

In our backyard we always have tons of bird visitors. Our neighborhood is primarily an older generation and they tend to have a lot of bird houses in their back yards and such. Paisley and I love to watch the birds every morning while we eat breakfast. I decided that one fun project we can make is a milk jug bird feeder. This will take all of 10 minutes but Paisley will get a kick out of it and then we will have a lot more birds to watch in the morning. Luckily I thought of this while we had an empty jug laying around. Now all I need to do is gather supplies and hopefully tomorrow morning we can hang our bird feeder. This is so exciting!!

This small project, however, doesn't fill my need for a project. I would like one that takes a little while. I was thinking maybe a cross stitch, but what do you do with it? I'm not going to hang it in my house. The baby doesn't get to have a bedroom so I don't want to make some baby something. Anyway, it's something to ponder over and I'd happily except suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment