Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm an Aldi's Lover

For all you that live in the far west of the US Aldi is a discount grocery store. This is a very special grocery store. It is exactly like the grocery stores we went to in Germany. When you go, you never know what your gonna get. That means that no two trips to Aldi are ever the same. One week they will have a product, and the next week they may not, but whatever they have, they have it at an incredible price! This is not a fully stocked grocery store, they have a lot of products but we usually have to finish up our shopping by stopping by another grocery store. Regardless of the quirks of Aldi's it is an amazing money saver! We have to drive a half hour to get to an Aldi's so we usually go every other week, but stocking up at Aldi's isn't too painful on your checking account. The produce at Aldi's is always incredible. The fruits are delicious and veggies divine. Another one of Aldi's quirks is that you do need to stay on top of eating your produce because it usually only has a couple days before it goes bad, but that is no matter. This week they had strawberries for 88 cents! Incredible right?! We bought two cartons of them. I'm usually the only strawberry eater around here so I was little worried, knowing I only have a couple days to down the berries before they go bad, but one bite into my first Aldi's strawberry and I was in heaven. They are way better than the Walmart strawberries could ever hope to be!! Downing all those berries won't be a problem, and I think I'll even get some help from the others since they are so very sweet and yummy. I know this is kind of a funny post, but I am on an Aldi's high and just needed to share!! I love you Aldi!

No comments:

Post a Comment