Friday, June 12, 2009

Lasts

This week we have used the word "last" a lot. It started on Monday with this is the last Monday we will be a family of three. Then Tuesday it continued as with every other day this week. On Tuesday night I went to Enrichment and drove down with several ladies in our ward. As we were getting out of the car to get in our own cars and go home we were talking about next time and how I would have a nursing baby to bring, this was the last time for me to really enjoy enrichment alone for a while. Today as Jason was going back to work after lunch he said "this is the last time I'll leave you at lunch to go back to work with only 1 child." All these lasts are kind of sad for me. Every night when we are laying on our bed with Paisley reading bedtime stories I start to get a little emotional. I have loved our little family of three. It is so fun! I hope that Paisley knows how much we love her even when wubbzy comes and it seems like he is taking all the attention. Plus, I haven't figured out where wubbzy is going to fit into our bedtime routine. There doesn't seem to be anymore room on our bed at story time. I bet Paisley will find him a place though!
Tomorrow my Mom comes into town to begin her 2 weeks of help. Her and Paisley have a special bond so hopefully that will help her to deal with wubbzy. They will have lots of fun together while Jason and I are in the hospital. They have plenty of activities planned and I'm trying to get some crafts gathered that they can work on together. We are very excited and nervous for the next three days. While all of these "lasts" are sad we know they are opening the way to a bunch of "firsts" that will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment