Saturday, May 16, 2009

Baby Shower




Last Thursday was the baby shower for Wubbzy. It was a blast!! We had a terrific turn out, incredible decorations and delicious food. I got there a little early so I would be there to welcome all the guests. When I first arrived I had taking pictures on the brain so I snapped some photos of the decorations and food and then put my camera down to help, and didn't pick it up again... oops!

The three pictures I did take of the evening definitely don't due justice to how cute, clever and creative the whole thing was. The food was so yummy, and super fun! We did a chocolate and cheese fondue bar. I had never experienced fondue before and it was a blast!

We played three fun games. The first was "guess Stefanie's circumference" (not a good pick-me-up game!) :) Yarn was passed around and everyone cut the length they thought they would need to go around the widest part of my belly. Most people had it cute WAY long, I tried to not be offended! :) The if you look in the picture of the fireplace mantle with the bags that spell out BABYSHOWER that was the second game. Inside those bags were baby items and we passed them around and shook them and felt them to guess what was inside. It was a blast! I got all 10 right (I think I was the only one) but I kept my mouth closed so that one of the guests would win the prize! That was way fun. The last game was matching mommy animals with baby animal names. For example: Dog goes with puppy. There were like 25 different kinds of animals so some of them were pretty tricky.

Overall the night was a huge success. People were very generous with their gifts. Wubbzy will be the most stylish baby around with a full wardrobe of adorable clothes. It is so fun to finally have a lot of little boy clothes all over. Although, Paisley has begun to act fussy when I start trying to get the baby stuff organized and walks around saying "I don't want to look at baby clothes." I try to keep her involved in the organizing process and she is usually happy to help, but when it comes to baby things she is not the happiest to help me. She will get over it though and be a great big sister, she just needs to get used to it.

My sweet Mom sent a package she was hoping would get here in time for the shower but it arrived a few days late. Paisley was happy to see inside that not only was there a present for the baby but a present for her. That helped her handle that situation ok. She loves to get letters so if anyone wants to send her one, she would be the happiest recipient ever! We will try our best to make this the least painful for her that we can but 3 1/2 years as an only child is a long time and this will be a shock to her. She is so sweet and nice though, we're glad she is our big girl!

Here are a couple pictures of our cute Paisley. Her naturally curly hair is beginning to grow out so only the ends are curly these days. This was my first attempt at putting curlers in her hair. She was very still for the whole process, I was the one with the issues. I didn't know what I was doing. I was hoping I could get her to sleep in the sponge curlers, but she wouldn't have it so by morning a lot of the curl was gone. It was fun to play beauty salon though.
Overall things here are good. We are counting down for Wubbzy and keeping busy in the mean time. Today we got some more cute plants for our front and backyard. We'll have to post when we get everything settled in.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, only a month left! I'm glad you've got good friends there to throw you a shower. I love Paisley's curls, maybe she'll start sleeping in them for you. Oh, and Ella has the same jammies as Paisley in her picture. So cute!

    ReplyDelete